Thursday, December 13, 2012

Argo

Argo [R]
Argo is based on true events about a CIA agent who is given the assignment to extract 6 American citizens from Iran after they escape an attack on the US embassy in 1980.  He decides to set up a fake movie and make them the film crew to get them out.

Crystl: Wow, this movie was so INTENSE!  I have never sat through a movie with my heart racing and wringing my hands for almost the entire movie.

Joe:  Every step of the way I thought it was almost over and then they would ratchet the tension a little higher.  I kept thinking, "For the love of God, walk faster!"

Crystl: I liked that I didn't know any of the history of this event, so it was all new for me.  I would recommend not looking into it either, just so it's not given away.

Ben Affleck directed this movie and I was not disappointedHe did a great job with the whole feel of the movie.  Aesthetically it really felt like the 80's and emotionally it was a roller coaster.  He also played the CIA agent, and did a great job.

Joe:  I would have liked to see a little more emotion from Ben Affleck's character, he doesn't have a face that tells you what he's feeling like some actors do.  It's a minor complaint.  He's a better director than actor, I think.

Crystl: It was interesting to see the politics that were going on in that time period and how they relate to what's going on today in the same place.  It was interesting to learn how much I didn't know about what went on in the middle east at that time.

I can't recommend this movie enough!  I really liked it.  I would recommend this movie to any adult.

I give it 5 stars.

Joe: I liked it a lot, too.  I'd give it 4 of 5 stars, though, due to my slight reservations about his acting.




No comments:

Post a Comment